Situated in the midst of the famous Wyndham Estate Winery, Dalwood House is significant
because it reflects the history of one of the most important pioneering families in the
Hunter Valley. Designed by the pioneer vigneron George Wyndham in 1829, Dalwood House
is a rare surviving example of one of the earliest Greek revival buildings in New South Wales
and the earliest known example of the style in the Hunter Valley.