Promoting the rights of people with disability, who require a companion, to fair ticketing at events and venues

Complaints and Feedback

Our service welcomes all feedback including complaints.

If you have any feedback or would like to make a complaint about anything relating to the Companion Card, please contact us:

By phone (Freecall): 1800 893 044

Our office telephone will be answered Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.30pm. Calls after these hours will go to our answering machine and be returned as soon as possible.

By email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

In writing:

NSW Companion Card Manager

PO Box 20637

World Square NSW 2002

If you have a complaint about your Companion Card not being recognised, or if you have a problem with access or unfair treatment at venues/activities, you should talk first to the manager or owner of the venue/activity.

If you are still not satisfied, please contact our Affiliates Manager by phone, email or in writing, in one of the ways listed above. 

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your assessment

If you have been declined a card at this time you would have received a letter outlining the appeals process.

A link to this information can be found here

If you want to make a complaint about something else

We want to know about what we are doing well and what we need to improve.

Your views are very important to us.

We will handle your complaint fairly and as quickly as possible and you will not be disadvantaged in any way because you have made a complaint. You have a right to complain and this is something we take very seriously.

You can make the complaint yourself or family members, friends or someone else can make the complaint on your behalf but we cannot speak to anyone about your application unless you give us permission.

Some complaints can be sorted out very quickly but others take more time. We will let you know what we are doing about your complaint and how long it will take. We will give you the name and contact number for the person who is managing your complaint.

We will keep information confidential as far as possible and will only discuss the complaint with people who need to know about it. Some serious complaints might have to be discussed with another service, for example the police or another government organisation. You can have an advocate to manage the complaint for you and speak on your behalf.

If you do not know anyone suitable, we can help you find someone that you are comfortable with.

If you are not happy with the way your complaint is being handled you can go to the funding body or the NSW Ombudsman at any time. LINK to more info here http://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/about_us/contact_us      https://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/

We will make sure the reasons for any decisions that are made to be explained to you or your advocate.

If you were assessed at an onsite assessment at a school or service

Onsite assessments are conducted using the information your service provided us on the day.

If you were not approved for a card you are still able to contact Companion Card to speak to an assessor regarding the reasons for the decision. You can also undertake the usual assessment process by completing an application.

If you prefer you can also ask to be reviewed the next time we visit your service.

 It is important that all people are treated with respect. Bullying or insulting behaviour, including verbal and non-verbal aggression, abusive, threatening or derogatory language or intimidation is unacceptable. For more information please see our code of conduct here